What is the order of letters for a monogram?
All personalized orders are processed according to how they are received. Please enter the letters in the order in which you want them to appear. If you have any questions regarding order of letters for a monogram, please contact us before placing your order.
- Traditional monograms typically follow the following format: First Name, LAST NAME, Middle Name.
- Example: Ashley Brooke Jones would appear as AJB
- The exception to this format is Men’s items using a block font, which use a different order: First Name, Middle Name, Last Name.
- Example:Brent Joshua Smith would appear as BJS.
- For couples, there are two options: The Contemporary Couples Monogram is done with Females First Initial, Couples Last Initial and Males First Initial. Mary & John Brown would appear as MBJ.
- The Traditional Couples Monogram is done with Males First Initial, Couples Last Initial and Females First Initial. Mary & John Brown would appear as JBM
- *Note: All personalized and monogram orders are processed according to how the personalization is requested and therefore these orders are final sale, which cannot be returned or exchanged.
There are a large variety of fonts to choose from depending on the product selected. Many of our monograms are handcut and therefore no two will be exactly the same. Please select your font carefully, considering the shape of your letters. We will not be responsible if you choose a font you do not like.
Please note that if you choose the circle monogram, the letter D in the left position will appear backwards to keep the shape of the circle Also, J & L & O may appear cut off of square and may change the balance of the piece.
What is Gold Vermeil?
In order to qualify as gold vermeil and not merely gold-plated the base must be pure sterling silver. The piece is then dipped in 14 karat gold.
You can find gold vermeil in different colors, including yellow and rose.
Gold vermeil will last for many years without tarnishing and without the gold wearing away if you properly care for it. Please store in a sealed bag or box. You should avoid wearing gold vermeil jewelry in the bath, shower, or when swimming. Contact with lotions, hair products and perfumes may cause a reaction that may discolor the piece. Do not have gold vermeil jewelry machine polished or dipped in any cleaning agent, these processes can wear away the gold layer. Use a soft, clean, cloth to remove dirt, oils and other material from the jewelry.
Any item will wear over time. If your vermeil piece becomes worn or discolored, contact us we may be able to have it re-dipped in gold for a fee
Will my silver jewelry tarnish?
By nature, sterling silver will tarnish when exposed to air. Proper care and storage will help to keep our jewelry sparkling and clean. If our sterling pieces should become tarnished, use a jewelry-grade polishing cloth to clean them. Never apply polishing agents as these may scratch or damage them.
Avoid applying lotions, hair products, etc. while wearing any jewelry as these may damage them.
Colors on products will vary slightly depending on your computer screen resolution and the material of the different products. Color variance is unavoidable and is not considered a defect.
I ordered a monogrammed / customized / personalized item. When will I receive it?
Due to the nature of personalized items, they tend to take a bit longer to make and ship. Most of our vendors are able to ship orders within about 2 - 6 weeks, however during peak seasons, such as summer and winter holidays, turnaround time may increase. During these times, we recommend placing your order as soon as possible in order to ensure delivery that meets your needs. Please see the product description for more details on the length of time that it may take for that item.